Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The "Jen" Look from Too Faced Loves Sephora palette and Curly Hair using T3 Singlepass Straightener

Hello dolls!!

Here is yet another look from the Too Faced Loves Sephora palette. I did the "Jen" look this time. I thought that the look looked much better on paper than it did on me. I don't particularly like this look, but it is very simple to do. The eyeshadows used in this look are 525 Market and TF<3's The Cast. 525 Market is a dark brownish purplish colour and TF <3's The Cast is a weird silver/gold. I'm not sure if I like the last colour. It hasn't had time to grow on me yet. I thought 525 Market was a nice colour so I decided to use Stila's Black Cherry Lipglaze, which is a plum colour, as a complimenting lipgloss. You could also use a nude lipstick with this look as well. I followed the look exactly like it was on the card. For the most part lol.

I curled my hair again. Photos down below. I left the makeup pics showing my hair so you could see it. I'll post the link at the bottom so you can see my Hair Tutorial using my awesome T3 Singlepass straightener.

I'm also working on a Review on this palette, so it should be coming real soon!


The "Jen" Look from Too Faced Loves Sephora palette



Eyes:

Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Too Faced Loves Sephora palette

  • TF<3's The Cast: apply to entire crease and bring it down to the tear duct
  • 525 Market: apply to the lid
Too Faced Lashgasm Mascara



Face:

Too Faced Primed and Poreless
MAC Select Cover-Up Concealer in NW20
MUFE HD Foundation in 110
MUFE HD Powder
Too Faced Loves Sephora blush in Who's Your Poppy?
Too Faced Loves Sephora bronzer in Chocolate Soleil



Lips:

Stila Lipglaze in Black Cherry
OR
Too Faced La Creme in Naked Dolly





Products Used:

Too Faced Loves Sephora palette

Too Faced Loves Sephora palette - 62$CAD

Too Faced Loves Sephora

Too Faced Lashgasm Mascara

Too Faced Loves Sephora

Stila Lipglaze in Sugar Plum, Black Cherry
Black Cherry used in tutorial, mini showsn, fullsize is 29$CAD

Too Faced La Creme in Naked Dolly - 25$CAD

From left to right:
Too Faced Loves Sephora eyeshadows: TF <3's The Cast, 525 Market
Too Faced Loves Sephora blush: Who's Your Poppy?
Too Faced Loves Sephora bronzer: Chocolate Soleil
Stila Lipglaze in Black Cherry


So that is the "Jen" look from the Too Faced Loves Sephora palette!! While I'm not a huge fan of this particular look, I really enjoyed all the looks that I've tried thus far. I can't wait to try another look tomorrow. I'll probably use this palette until I do all 15 looks along with my own. I know I should move on and post about something new but I'm really liking it.

I'm working on a Review on this palette right now, it should be out by the weekend so keep checking back.

If you wanted to check out the other looks from this palette, this is my look, this is Artemis and this is Alison.


And now, the hair pictures.







If you want to do your hair like this, check out my post Curly Hair Using T3 Singlepass Hair Straightener.

This is only my second time doing my own hair like this and I'm really starting to get the technique down. The trick is flipping your hair around the straightener with your hand that isn't holding the straightener. And always hold on to that piece of hair coming out of the straightener.



So what do you guys and girls think about the "Jen" makeup look? What do you think of the Too Faced Loves Sephora palette? Yay or nay? What did you think of my curly hair? Let me know what you think!

And I want to let you guys know what I've been working on lately.

Reviews: I'm currently working on a review on the Too Faced Loves Sephora palette and I'm going to do a review comparing the old Too Faced Pink Leopard vs the new Pink Leopard, if you want to see something reviewed, just let me know.

Cruelty-free / Vegan Makeup: I'm doing research so I can give you guys accurate info on which brands are cruelty-free and/or vegan. It's been asked so I wanted to do my own list with my own in-depth research.

Empties & Extras #1: I've started doing this post but I've only got 7 empties and I wanted to have around 10. But this is definitely in the works.

Nails: I'll probably be doing my nails in a week or two, they're really bad and damaged so I want to give them some time to get better before I slaughter them with more nail polish.


Now these are just a couple things I've been working on, I'm still doing the last touches on my Makeup Basics page as well as doing a new look everyday for you guys.

Thanks for reading,

Steph xo.

[Disclaimer: All products are bought and paid for by me. All opinions are my own.]

3 comments:

  1. I love love the eye look! I would never think to combine those two colors, but it works!!
    I wanted to comment on your blog because I wanted to be sure you saw my reply. I don't want you to be confused about which companies are cruelty-free. It's pretty long! (sorry)

    Hi Steph,
    Thank you for taking the time to comment! I truly appreciate it.
    Well, as you can see on PETA's cruelty-free list, next to Bare Escentuals "Shiseido" is in parenthesis. This tells you that Shiseido is the parent company of Bare Escentuals, meaning that they own that company. Many companies that are owned by non-cruelty-free companies are "cruelty-free". For example, Burt's Bees that is owned by Clorox is technically "cruelty-free" or UrbanDecay. (BTW: when I say cruelty-free I refer to the fact that no animal ,what so ever, is hurt in the process; from raw ingredients to finished product.)
    Although Burt's Bees (this is an example) might not test on animals, their parent company "Clorox" does test, and funds those cruel tests. You cannot be certain that your money goes just to Burt's Bees, it might end up in the pockets of those CEOs, etc ,that knowingly fund animal testing.
    Meanwhile, some don't care-- or maybe don't give much thought-- to where their money ends up, but I care, and I care a lot. I think voting with your money is powerful and when you purchase from a company who indirectly funds animal testing, you are keeping the torture of those animals alive. (by "you" i mean everyone ).
    That is why the finding out who the parent company is so important to me when I conduct this research.
    Now to answer your second question. We can never be 100% sure that a company is cruelty-free, which is unfortunate :( Unless you go into the factors, labs, etc where the products are manufactured, which most companies won't allow that.
    Also, in the USA ,at least, the FDA does not require animal testing, but it is also not illegal. I think the best bet is to purchase only from LeapingBunny's list. LeapingBunny requires that companies go through an audit process to accredit them as cruelty-free. Be sure to read the symbols next to the companies (such as **); see what they mean at the lower left side of the list. Some companies listed are technically 'cruelty -free', but are owned by non-complying parent companies.

    I hope this clears things up! Thanks once again for commenting! I love that you are concerned and care so much! It makes me more motivated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Camila,

      Thanks for answering and I hope that you see this. It took me a long long time to do the research and I was left even more confused. I ended up picking 30 brands and once I got started, I felt overwhelmed. Benefit has the most complicated but seemingly cruelty-free status I've ever read. I've misinformed a friend because of that. When I started researching, I realized I was wrong about them and that they are not cruelty-free. Same with MAC. I always thought they would be cruelty-free because of their MAC Aids Fund and their Back2MAC program and I'm fairly sure I read something that talked about how great they are for the environment, etc. Urban Decay recently opted out of being cruelty-free.

      I understand that when you fund the little makeup brand, you also fund the "parent" company, as I've been calling it. We have about 5-6 main companies that run the show, such as Estee Lauder, L'Oreal, LMVH, etc. Most Estee Lauder brands are not cruelty-free, but Smashbox and Stila are cruelty-free. They are both on PETA's cruelty-free brands list. It's hard to know when the parents company is not cruelty-free but they have a couple brands that are cruelty-free. When we pay money to brands that are cruelty-free, like Stila and Smashbox, that money ends up in Estee Lauder's hands. So we're basically funding animal testing by buying cruelty-free.

      I used PETA's list, which helped a lot, and I googled each makeup brand to find out more about their position on animal testing. It was sad to see that not a lot of brands I'm familiar with were on Leaping Bunny's list.

      I personally really like Too Faced, they are cruelty-free and have some vegan products. Their website has a list of all their vegan products, so it's easy to check. If only all makeup brands did this, it would be so much easier.

      At least if we don't have laws making all makeup cruelty-free, we should at least have laws that make it so that each makeup company must declare which products are cruelty-free and make a list or symbol of all vegan products. They should also define what "cruelty-free" means to them.

      Personally, I still use makeup that isn't cruelty-free, but I try to buy more makeup that is cruelty-free. By doing research for my list, I've also discovered that quite a few brands I always thought were cruelty-free, are actually not cruelty-free anymore. It's really helped to open my eyes.

      We definitely need people like you that get in there and really do the work to determine if a brand is 100% cruelty-free or not. Sometimes it's not enough to just read a brand's policy on it on their site (such as Benefit's, which is really misleading).

      I'm scared to post my post on this topic because I don't want to give anyone wrong information.

      Cheers and keep doing what you're doing :)

      Delete
    2. Hi Steph,
      You're absolutely right! I think we should push for a bill that required companies to at least define what they mean by "cruelty-free". I think that would be taking a wonderful step in the right direction. I love how passionate you are about cruelty-free makeup! Thank you for sharing your experience in researching. No one said it would be easy, but it's all worth it. :)

      Delete